Friday, October 5, 2012

Do you prefer Shimmery Eyeshadow or Matte?


I'm not sure about you but when I first started wearing makeup (and for years beyond that), I tried to wear the eyeshadows with colors that I was drawn to. I loved purples, blues and greens. Typically they were shimmery and beautiful in the palette, I'd wear them and think I looked pretty good. Until I got into my 30s and started experimenting with neutral colors which I had never liked before. I noticed they started complimenting my skin better. All those years where I thought I had red in my skin and was told to wear more Springy type colors had mislead me into thinking I was looking my best...until I also discovered I had warm yellowy tones in my skin as well. I'm one of those people that is sort of an anomoly - however warm colors look better on me. This leads me to my next learning experience...matte vs shimmery shadows? I loved the shimmery shadows because they are beautiful but the matte ones looked more natural and sophisticated...more grown up. I also started watching people who used shimmery shadows and soon started realizing that it seems to make even the youngest yes look crepey. Is it just me or do shimmery's make everyone's eyes look wrinkley? Don't get me wrong, I still love shimmery shadows but I have learned how to make them work for me. I put a neutral matte in the crease and it tones down the shimmery and looks more grown up. Its nice to be able to alternate shimmery and all matte looks though. I could never give up the shimmers although as I get older, I continue to find products and techniques that work better for me and help me to look better and better. AHHHH I love make up :) What are your experiences and which type of eye shadow do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment